Re: can i know old value for a parameter ?

From: Preston <dontwantany_at_nowhere.invalid>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 11:24:58 GMT

romantic973_at_gmail.com wrote:

> hi all,
> let's say a parameter changed in the database
> ex:
> alter system set retention_target=1500;
> and i want to know what was the old value before it has been changed ,
> is there any way to know?
> thanks for reading.

The 'All Initialization Parameters' option on the Administration tab in OEM includes a 'Revisions' column, which shows the number of changes. Click that number & you get the date, time, old & new values of each change. I don't know if it works with *all* parameters, but it does with most.

--
Preston.