RMAN on Linux REDHAT AS4

From: Jon <jglickma_at_rcn.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 22:13:35 -0400

In the past I have used Legato and veritas backup and linked the binaries on solaris... I was able to use the tape library software to track my rman backups. In 9i they included Legato for linux... in 10G they said the second release you wouldn't need a linux 3rd party back up to tape software but I can't seem to get it to work. I need some sort of tape library and I am also missing the libobn.so (sp) in the $ORACLE_HOME/lib which is the library I am supposed to link to. Does anyone know how to configure tape backups with RMAN on an enterprise linux like Redhat AS4 or simular enterprise linux system with out having to purchase a 3rd party backup software like legato?

Thanks Received on Sun Oct 14 2007 - 21:13:35 CDT