Re: index-table dependency

From: Ana C. Dent <anacedent_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 01:07:04 GMT

romantic973_at_gmail.com wrote in news:1192406960.954157.148190 @i13g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

> dear Ana , how r u,
> the purpose from my question is that i want to test tablespace point
> in time recovery , i want to put a dependent index on a tablespace and
> i want to try TSPIT recovery , which suppose to give an error if there
> is a dependecy between the index and a table in another tablespace, i
> tried to make this dependency put the bad news is i am able to make
> TSPIT recovery , i have read your document mentioned above, but i
> didn't get what i want ,
> CAN AN DEPENDENT INDEX CAUSE FALIURE FOR TSPIT
> thx for reading.

Your terminology is non-standard & not understood by me.

IMO, every index is dependent upon the table which contain the columns in the index.

By using the term "DEPENDENT INDEX" implies that an independent index exists; which is any oxymoron.

Since you insist on describing what you are doing, rather than using CUT & PASTE so we can see the EXACT same as you, I am not clear what you have done, what you have observed or even know for sure what problem you are struggling to solve.

SQL> CREATE TABLESPACE DATA_TBS;
SQL> CREATE TABLESPACE INDX_TBS;
SQL> CREATE TABLE DUMMY_TBL(ID1 NUMBER, VAR1 VARCHAR2(16))
            TABLESPACE DATA_TBS;

SQL> CREATE INDEX DUMMY_TBL_ID1 ON DUMMY_TBL (ID1) TABLESPACE INDX_TBS; Received on Sun Oct 14 2007 - 20:07:04 CDT