Re: Process Resource Manager (PRM) on HP UNIX

From: <sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 17:08:59 +0200

On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 04:44:51 -0700, zigzagdna_at_yahoo.com wrote:

>Oracle Resource Manager works within a database instance, however, PRM
>woks across database instances. Most of the packages applications have
>only one database user, so Oracle Resource Manager cannot be used.
>Each packaged application will be in its own database instance, so
>database can be shutdown/restarted independently.

There is no reason, why each application should end up in a separate database.
So what we actually see here, is the combined stupidity of developers and dbas and bean counters.
Putting each applicaition in a separate database is just a method to waste resources.
Obviously there are other ways to put application offline, simply by changing the tablespace status.
Woe the 'company' which marriages incompetent developers and/or incompetent 3rd party sw with incompetent dbas and incompetent management.
They will throw away way more money, they even might get bankrupt.

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA