Re: sga_maxsize vs. sga_target and Windows OS

From: <hjr.pythian_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 05:44:32 -0700

On Oct 10, 10:44 am, Michael42 <melliot..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In an 10g Performance Tuning class it was mentioned that on Sun
> Solaris, setting the sga_maxsize and sga_target differently is an
> option because of Solaris's dynamic use of memory.
>
> Is there a reason to set sga_maxsize and sga_target differently on
> Windows 2k/2003?
>
> Please advise - thanks,
>
> Michael

Not really, is the short answer. This was discussed at some length over at OTN not so very long ago: http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=535400

Tanel Poder has a lot of stuff to say about it. I'm not entirely certain I know where the discussion ended up! Received on Wed Oct 10 2007 - 07:44:32 CDT