Re: Oracle CBO query cost - retrieve value?

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2007 14:37:23 -0700

csn233_at_gmail.com wrote:
> Urm, Morgan, you didn't really think that was a question on syntax,
> did you?
>
> To the OP, don't look at cost. It is not for consumption by the end-
> user.
>
> You have a bind-variable peeking problem.
>
> Construct say 3 different cursors each with a different stabilised
> plan based on selectivity of the inputs, and call the appropriate
> cursor based on the input variable. Or reject it altogether.
>
> Comes down to: know your data.

Given the syntax error ... you are assuming that what you are seeing is the real statement. I'm not willing to make that assumption.

The OP has now stated: "I anonymised & simplified the query data incorrectly" so, given that it has been simplified, the real issue may bear no relationship to what has been posted.

To the OP. Anonymizing, ok, rename the tables and columns if you wish. But simplifying makes the exercise meaningless.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington