Re: odd behavior on client installation

From: EdStevens <quetico_man_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 08:30:17 -0700

On Oct 3, 1:58 pm, EdStevens <quetico_..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> Platform: Oracle 10.2 client on XP-Pro

<snip>

Solution found. Ripping out the \oracle directories and the \oracle key from HKLM wasn't enough. There was still an entry for tns_admin floating around in the system environment settings, and that was pointing to my original instant_client location. Apparently the OUI honors that and places the net config files there regardless of where ORACLE_HOME is located. And being an environment variable, it took precedence over the tns_admin in the registry when I opened a command window to run sqlplus.

When I did another un-install, delete oracle directories and registry keys, *AND* clean up the system environment (My Computer, Properties) the install went exactly as I expected and have always seen it before. Received on Thu Oct 04 2007 - 10:30:17 CDT