Re: Oracle 10g RMAN and Standard Edition

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 14:13:23 -0700

On Oct 2, 6:41 pm, Michael42 <melliot..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> Guys,
>
> Could you please give me a quick sanity check...
>
> In Oracle 10g RMAN incremental backups (incremental level 1 etc.) do
> NOT require the Enterprise Edition, i.e. they will work on the
> Standard Edition too right?
>
> In my tests the answer seems to be yes (no errors etc.).
>
> Thanks very much,
>
> Michael

Metalink Note:271886.1 says no. The following cut from the feature matrix there will probably not format correctly:

                                SE1          SE
EE            PE
Backup and recovery	N	N	Y	Y	Block-level media recovery
							Parallel backup and
							recovery Change-aware
							incremental backups
							Duplexed backup sets
							Point-in-time tablespace
							recovery Trial recovery

So Dan is right, it's a licensing thing. That's the difference between sanity checks and reality checks :-)

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.

>From advertising section of signonsandiego.com web page:
Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to MySQL server on '172.17.0.23' (111) in /home2/web/paperads/index.php on line 2 Warning: mysql_select_db(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL- Link resource in /home2/web/paperads/index.php on line 3 Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home2/web/paperads/index.php on line 5 Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home2/web/paperads/index.php on line 7