Re: recent drivel posted by Tony Rogerson on his blog

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 13:16:23 -0700

Shakespeare wrote:

> "DA Morgan" <damorgan_at_psoug.org> schreef in bericht

>> Richard Foote wrote:
>>
>>> Perhaps Oracle has colour coded syntax after all :)
>> 11g does ... for example:
>> exec dbms_workload_repository.add_colored_sql('5rygsj4dbw6jt',
>> 1692970157);

11g Docs ---> http://www.oracle.com/pls/db111/homepage

Search for "DBMS_WORKLOAD_REPOSITORY"
Scroll down to "ADD_COLORED_SQL" Procedure

alternatively search for: "COLORED SQL"

If someone can't use a search engine they probably shouldn't be allowed to touch a keyboard without adult supervision. <g>

If one looks up "Colored SQL" in Morgan's library at www.psoug.org they will find the following:

dbms_workload_repository.add_colored_sql( sql_id IN VARCHAR2,
dbid IN NUMBER DEFAULT NULL);

If you don't know what a sql_id and dbid are the demo clearly shows how to get both.

Hope that helps.

But the point of my post was a bit light-hearted ... while you won't find colored SQL in other databases ... Oracle now officially has it.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington