Re: Tns Listner service

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_nospam.peasland.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 23:05:34 -0500

ashu wrote:
> i am trying to start oracle(9i) tns listner service through my service
> window.i have windows xp sp2,zone alarm firewall installed in my pc .i
> am newbie and i just want o connect my visual basic application to my
> oracle table. i google it but it made me more confuse.kindly help me
> or give me some useful links.
> Error message is :
> "could not start oracle tns listener service on local computer,
> system can not find the path specified"
>
> one thing i had set all my oracle services to manual.so can i start it
> when i want.
> 2 services were started when i try to start tns listner
> 1) OracleOraHome90Agent
> 2)OracleServiceASHDATA (ashdata is my database name)

Are you running XP Home or XP Pro? If XP Home, then that could be your issue....

Otherwise, you can try to start the listener manually. At a DOS prompt, type "lsnrctl start". If that doesn't work, you may have to look at your listener.log (in %ORACLE_HOME%\network\log) for more information.

HTH,
Brian

Brian Peasland
dba_at_nospam.peasland.net