Re: SQL*LOADER, using multiple intos for the same table

From: <blackfunk_at_verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 06:22:12 -0700

On Sep 30, 12:50 pm, csn..._at_gmail.com wrote:
> > The problem is I have to insert these values. Basically it's like a
> > sentence that continues to the next line. I send the first wave
> > through then another row to insert different data in a few select
> > columns in the next. It's possible to do this but the problem in my
> > case is that the primary key is a sequence and eventually it runs into
> > a constraint error. I was hoping there would be some technical way to
>
> How does a sequence eventually run into a constraint error?

I believe it's b/c it only insert x amount of rows at a time for each into table statement. I am loading 50000+ rows and the constraint error happens after 64 rows are inserted. So, it's as if it it is starting the sequence over in the next into table statement. This sequence is not an object it is a dynamic sequence generated at execution. Received on Mon Oct 01 2007 - 08:22:12 CDT