Re: recent drivel posted by Tony Rogerson on his blog

From: <sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 17:43:46 +0200

On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 16:02:37 +0100, "Tony Rogerson" <tonyrogerson_at_torver.net> wrote:

>And I stand by the content because to outside coming in the documentation
>structure sucks big time, unless you are familiar - looks like years of
>experience gets you familiar enough to use it then it's hard to find what
>you are looking for.

Sure, you have established, and will probably establish it over and over again here, you won't ever admit you are in error, even when pointed in the correct direction.
I could equally well state the sqlserver documentation sucks big time -and actually it does- unless you have been working with it for years. There is one big difference: Most Oracle developers don't try to turn sqlserver into Oracle.
All sqlserver developers try to turn Oracle into sqlserver. In some cases sqlserver developers have even convinced customers to replace Oracle for sqlserver, because 'Oracle doesn't work'. Which is of course incorrect.

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA