Re: recent drivel posted by Tony Rogerson on his blog

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_nospam.bigpond.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 13:33:09 GMT

"Tony Rogerson" <tonyrogerson_at_torver.net> wrote in message news:fdo4qv$2t4$1$8300dec7_at_news.demon.co.uk...
> And the "Derived Table"?
>
> My point for sake of repetition is that you need to know what to search
> on, you need to know to add 'clause', 'statement', with an index it's
> easy - I just scroll down looking for the word WITH.
>
> http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/ms175972.aspx
>
> --

My point for the sake of repetition is that even when I know what I'm searching for in the SQL Server online documentation, it's search facility failed to return any useful links. The search facility appears to actually ignore SQL Server syntax keywords (such as With). And yet you have issues with Oracle's search facility because you're unable to find something in Oracle's doco while admitting at the same time that you don't actually know what it is you're searching for.

You get my point.

The issues you claim to have with the Oracle doco can just as easily be made with the SQL Server doco, meaning yes one needs to know what one is searching for, or at least have some basic understanding in search strategies.

I'm trying to find the equivalent in SQL Server to the Oracle Materialized View and I'm using this index you suggested and I can't seem to find what I'm looking for ? You say it's easy but bugger me if I can find it ...

Obviously, the SQL Server doco is just as hopeless and "colourless" as Oracle's ...

Cheers

Richard Received on Sun Sep 30 2007 - 08:33:09 CDT