Re: recent drivel posted by Tony Rogerson on his blog

From: Tony Rogerson <tonyrogerson_at_torver.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 12:32:53 +0100

> Ummm, just how hard did you try ?
>
> Really ?

Yer - great; did you try that yourself?

http://www.oracle.com/pls/db111/ranked?word=with&remark=federated_search

How many of the 27K+ links do I need to trawl through?

Like I said, I want to search on terminology not on syntax - for instance, we call using the WITH syntax a 'common table expression' I've no idea what the equiv is in Oracle.

Another example, the common SQL Standard term "derived table"

http://www.oracle.com/pls/db111/ranked?word=derived+table&partno=b28286

The first link states support for it but how do I use it? Not one link to SELECT statement for instance.

> Perhaps Oracle has colour coded syntax after all :)

Perhaps not.

--
Tony Rogerson, SQL Server MVP
http://sqlblogcasts.com/blogs/tonyrogerson