Re: Import problems on Windows Server

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 17:28:11 -0700

Tony Rogerson wrote:

>> Why are you such a coward and a hypocrite NOT to admit according to
>> your OWN research the Mickeysoft ODBC drivers do NOT support ANY
>> Oracle feature beyond 7.3?

> Man - do you not understand English?
>
> Read the KB article - what does it say?
>
>>> From Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) version 2.5 and later
>>> versions,
>>> both the Microsoft ODBC Driver and OLE DB Provider support Oracle 8i
>>> with

> SUPPORTS ORACLE 8i WITH THE FOLLOWING EXCEPTIONS.....

Have you actually tried it? What Microsoft publishes and what actually works do not necessarily correspond.

And while this will undoubtedly come as a shock to you 8i is paleolithic and unsupported. 9i is obsolete and in desupport. How about the 10gR2 or 11gR1 feature sets? Oh can't go there ... someone might actually be wanted to develop a new environment.

Now take your trolling elsewhere. For example how about posting at c.d.ms-sqlserver given your claim to expertise. Funny we don't ever see you offering advice there. Intimidated by someone who actually knows something about the subject such as Erland Sommarskog?

Or perhaps all those posts from MI5Victim are yours.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington