Re: Will this configuration for RAC work properly?

From: K Gopalakrishnan <kaygopal_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 23:02:10 -0000

Charles,

This configuration is known as 'extended RAC' and I have build extended RAC for few customers (ranging between 100mts to 5 miles) and it works as designed (esp when you have a reliable dark fiber network between data centers).

The third node NFS for voting disk is just an additional component for extra protection. It can be setup without third node as tie breaker. If you have my RAC book, there is an entire chapter (chapter 15?) dedicated for this topic. It is bing used from 9iRAC onwards. Oracle 11g has some additional enhancements in this area (like ASM preferred read/ fast resync of failure groups etc).

-Gopal Received on Sat Sep 29 2007 - 18:02:10 CDT