Re: Import problems on Windows Server

From: <sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 21:46:12 +0200

On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 20:03:31 +0100, "Tony Rogerson" <tonyrogerson_at_torver.net> wrote:

>More myth spreading rubbish, do you not realise people can research using
>the internet now?

Do you not realise as a result of Microsoft tactics no one does their own research, but instead are posting the same questions over and over and over again.

>http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q244661/
>
>From Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) version 2.5 and later versions,
>both the Microsoft ODBC Driver and OLE DB Provider support Oracle 8i with
>the following limitations: . Oracle 8.x-specific data types, such as CLOB,
>BLOB, BFILE, NCHAR, NCLOB, and NVARCHAR2, are not supported.
>. The Unicode feature against Oracle 7.x and 8.x servers is not supported.
>. Multiple Oracle client instances, or multiple Oracle homes, are not
>supported because they rely on the first occurrence of the Oracle home in
>the SYSTEM PATH variable.

Why are you such a coward and a hypocrite NOT to admit according to your OWN research the Mickeysoft ODBC drivers do NOT support ANY Oracle feature beyond 7.3?

Doesn't your denial means you don't know shit about Oracle?

>. Returning multiple resultsets from a stored procedure or batch SQL
>statement is not supported using ADO or OLEDB. For additional information
>about how to retrieve a resultset from an Oracle stored procedure, click the
>following article numbers to view the articles in the Microsoft Knowledge
>Base:
>

>> Could you please stop posting this drivel and go away here?
>>

>No, if I see a post that mentions a technology I am knowledable in and
>disagree with a reply I will post a response - that my dear pal is called
>freedom of speech.

So according your ' freedom of speech' princple you would welcome it if I would start trolling in all the Mickeysoft newsgroups you frequent and start bashing sqlserver?
Is that what you call free speech?
Or do you call promoting sqlserver at the expense of Oraclle 'free speech'?
Tony Rogerson, you are just here to bash Oracle. This has nothing to do with 'free speech', you are a troll.

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA