Re: Will this configuration for RAC work properly?

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 15:43:10 -0700

charlie cs wrote:
> Dear Group,
>
> We are trying to setup a RAC environment in our shop. One proposal is like
> this:
>
> We have node A1, A2, B1, B2, and san box S1,S2
>
> A1,A2, S1 is on primary site, B1,B2,S2 is on disaster recovery site,
>
> A1,A2 is connecting to S1, B1,B2 is connecting to S2, we will connect
> A1,A2,B1,B2 through fiber glass chennel and S1,S2 are synchronized. In this
> way, we can put A1,A2,B1,B2 all in service, because S1,S2 holds same
> datebase(two databases but synchornized)
>
> Any comments?
>
> Thanks for your help.

How many miles between data center AS1 and data center BS2? Look up the details for extended RAC clusters and see if you qualify?

What version of Oracle? It matters.

Systems like this have been built but not the way you are describing it. A third site, generally NFS mount or iSCSI, is required to hold the voting disk and thus you need two separate fibre networks.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington