Re: Import problems on Windows Server

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 22:04:03 +0100

zigzagdna_at_yahoo.com wrote:

>> How are you logged onto the server? At the physical console?
>>
>> --
>> Niall Litchfield
>> Oracle DBAhttp://www.orawin.info/services- Hide quoted text -

> I logged on the server using Remote Desktop.In my company so many
> production databases have been setup on WIndows Server because of its
> low cost. I have not heard major problems. I am still perplexed why
> import log stopped
> while import ran successfully.

remote desktop is a technology that is not especially suited to long running operations - I'd use vnc or just plain at for that. I can do pretty much anything I like to my production servers remotely - but I don't trust remote desktop to deal well with iffy network comms, client desktops going into sleep mode and a number of other things. let the imp run actually on the server and poll the log file periodically.