Re: Error whilst duplicating database using RMAN

From: trub3101 <michael_at_bassline01.wanadoo.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 09:53:57 -0700

On 28 Sep, 14:49, vitalis..._at_gmail.com (Jerome Vitalis) wrote:
> trub3101 wrote:
> > > Mmmm.. How can I identify the instance at the OS level?
>
> Hmm, if memory serves, on Solaris, "ps auxww|grep <SID>" should do the
> trick (I haven't any solaris box near me at the moment).
> Otherwise try "ps -ef|grep <SID>".
>
> Be careful since some processes might belong to other instances whose name
> contains your <SID> (though it should not be the case since you said this
> <SID> name is too long!)
>
> > > Thanks for you input by the way.- Hide quoted text -
> > Pretend you did not see my earlier reply. Where is that embarrassment
> > smiley again?
>
> ;-)
> -----
> échangez opinions et commentaires dans les forums de discussion.http://www.usenetgratuit.com/

After reducing the number of processes in my init.ora file I managed to log on and perform the duplication successfully. The other solution apparently was to increase the semaphore parameters in /etc/system SEMMSL and SEMMNI.

Thanks again for your input Jerome!

tb3101 Received on Fri Sep 28 2007 - 11:53:57 CDT