Re: system user locked after crash

From: fp <francesco.pighi_at_hotmail.it>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 18:52:39 +0200

<fitzjarrell_at_cox.net> ha scritto nel messaggio news:1190997031.532431.104220_at_19g2000hsx.googlegroups.com...
> A corrupted source file or memory problems could well be the cause of
> this account locking; the system crashed due to some problem, was
> there any indication of why this machine suddenly decided to die? Any
> information is better than no information.

The application was in the middle of a time-consuming query to elaborate an data analysis report. And then (unfortunately i couldn't verify this myself) the system rebooted. Probably it was a memory or disk problem of some kind because this pc previously had a system.dbf file corrupted and then oracle was re-installed from scratch and the app was restored with our backup and restore utility which in essence is an interface to exp and imp.

--
francesco pighi