Re: Problem with COMMENT ON ... comments after reimport on the wrong colulmn

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 09:25:35 -0700

On Sep 28, 2:13 am, "Alexander Peters" <apet..._at_ap-data.de> wrote:
> Hello!
> I've got a Problem with COMMENT ON TABLE and COMMENT ON COLUMN. I
> exported and imported a User scheme and now i have
> some comments on the wrong column. It seems, that this Problem happens
> only on tables where columns from datatype
> long varchar and long binary. Is there a way to protect my comments for
> this issue?
>
> Example of my Problem:
>
> Comments bevor Exp/Imp
> TableA.ColumnA CommentA
> TableA.ColumnB CommentB
> TableA.ColumnC CommentC
> TableA.ColumnD CommentD
>
> After reimport with Imp
> TableA.ColumnA CommentA
> TableA.ColumnB CommentC
> TableA.ColumnC CommentB
> TableA.ColumnD CommentD
>
> I use Oracle 9.2 Ent. on Windows
>
> regards
> A. Peters

9.2 doesn't tell us much; post all four numbers of the release so we know which patch level (if any) you are on.

How was this export file created? Please post the full exp command you (or someone else) used to generate this .dmp file.

Have you done this:

imp user/pass file=... full=y show=y log=<some logfile name here>

to discover what, exactly, imp is doing?

You have provided very little usable information to base a definitive (or semi-definitive) answer upon. Please provide the requested items so someone might have enough data to formulate an answer.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Fri Sep 28 2007 - 11:25:35 CDT