Error whilst duplicating database using RMAN

From: trub3101 <michael_at_bassline01.wanadoo.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 04:49:32 -0700

Hi all,

Solaris 9

Oracle 9.2.0.1.0

I hoping someone can help me out with this. I have just tried to duplicate a database using RMAN however, I made one fundamental error - I tried to create the database name with more than eight characters
(nine to be exact!). I then quickly tried to quickly rectify this by
removing the underscore character which made up part of the database name/ORACLE_SID to make it just eight characters.

I have also renamed pathnames (not neccesaary but I thought I'd do it anyway to reflect the change) on the server as they were made up using ORACLE_SID in them, renamed the init.ora file changing all occurrences of the former db_name with the new db_name, consequently the db_file_name_convert and log_file_name_convert parameters were changed, I also changed the tnsnames.ora and listener.ora files to include the new ORACLE_SID.

Now when I try to log into the new database I am getting this error:

SQL*Plus: Release 9.2.0.1.0 - Production on Fri Sep 28 12:08:18 2007

Copyright (c) 1982, 2002, Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.

SQL> conn sys_at_testprd4.xxxx as sysdba
Enter password:
Connected to an idle instance.
SQL> startup nomount

ORA-27302: failure occurred at: skgpwreset1
ORA-27303: additional information: invalid shared ctx
ORA-27146: post/wait initialization failed
ORA-27300: OS system dependent operation:semget failed with status: 28
ORA-27301: OS failure message: No space left on device
ORA-27302: failure occurred at: sskgpsemsper

I did not shutdown the previous instance (nine characters) which was started for the RMAN duplication before it failed I am also running one production database and two standby databases on the same server
(if that helps!)

tb3101 Received on Fri Sep 28 2007 - 06:49:32 CDT