Re: Import Question

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 14:25:53 -0700

On Sep 27, 12:59 pm, Hasta <hasta..._at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> In article <fdgqv9$jn..._at_news5.zwoll1.ov.home.nl>,
> frank.van.bor..._at_gmail.com says...

> > > Woaw ! When is a view not created at all, Frank ?
>
> > Whenever you have a 'Synonym translation no longer valid'
> > (ORA-00940?) error. Howard will probably argue this is not
> > an import error, but a user error.
> > It is not - it is simply the sequence in which import
> > handles objects. Rerun the import with ignore=y
> > and rows=n, and it should be OK.

There was also a trigger bug in the 9iR2 timeframe (see Note: 270570.1). I was never convinced the bugfix docs were exactly correct, I wound up finding differences in 9206, IIRC between a schema export and one using QUERY= on the export, when changing usernames for the import. But I could be misremembering the details, I got very confused when I ran into it and only had time to workaround, rather than be educated by support. Hopefully this won't bother the OP going from 8 to 10.

But it highlights the necessity to try everything first, and be especially watchful about what triggers will do after import (also see 9208 patch notes).

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jzS7pLAIUAhQxfgv4-Z5ngpXkRWg