Re: Best fs for Oracle RAC

From: <hjr.pythian_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 17:02:03 -0700

On Sep 26, 1:26 am, DA Morgan <damor..._at_psoug.org> wrote:
> hjr.pyth..._at_gmail.com wrote:

> >> Your use of Windows and Solaris confuses the issue. You are asking
> >> about operating systems and ASM is about storage. And not the
> >> storage of your Oracle binaries.
>
> > No, I don't think it does confuse the issue any further than it is
> > already. That was, in fact, precisely the point!
>
> > The original poster wrote, "yes, and i think that ASM could be easy
> > for migration to another platform. "
>
> And I took that to mean storage platform given the topic, ASM, is
> storage. The dangers inherent in the use of a common language. <g>

I know what you "took" it to mean.;

And having taken it to mean that, you proceeded to denounce someone who quite possibly had taken it to mean something very different as "ignorant".

It's not actually a grinning matter when all is said and done. Try slowing down and seeking a dialogue to clarify meaning before rushing to judgement. Received on Tue Sep 25 2007 - 19:02:03 CDT