SQL help

From: Laura <laura.paterson_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 16:06:41 -0000

Hi,

I hope this is the correct group to post in - any help is appreciated.

I am writing some SQL to populate or update an Oracle table. I currently run this through JDBC, however, it will probably end up as a PL/SQL procedure.

What I want to do is UPDATE a row if it currently exists in the database - however, if it doesn't already exist, I want to CREATE it with the new values.

I'm sure this must be a fairly common thing to do - however, my searches for an answer have been unsuccessful... I would prefer not to have to run a separate query in my code to determine whether an update or insert is required.

Thanks,