Re: want to see code of stored procedure but without permission to execute it

From: Jerome Vitalis <vitalis..._at_gmail.com>
Date: 25 Sep 2007 09:54:18 GMT

Benny wrote:

> Hi people,
> is it possible in Oracle9i/10g to grant a user permission to see the
> code of someone else's procedure but without the permission to execute
> this procedure ?
> And I do not want to give this user the system privilege 'select any
> dictionary' because then he can see everything in the entire database.

> example : I want Oracle user "FLX0_RO" able to see the code of a
> procedure from owner "FLX0". But FLX0_RO may not be able to execute
> the procedure.

> Is this possible with standard Oracle grants ?

One quick and dirty solution is to GRANT DEBUG on the procedure. I say dirty because it would allow the user to execute the procedure during a debugging session. However, according to the documentation, he also needs the GRANT CONNECT SESSION to do so in 10g, with both DBMS_DEBUG and JDWP-based debuggers. Alas in 9i, this grant does not seem to be needed for DBMS_DEBUG. Even in 10g I suspect the "GRANT DEBUG" might be sufficient in some debugging cases.
So this looks like a dirty trick security-wise...

échangez opinions et commentaires dans les forums de discussion. http://www.usenetgratuit.com/ Received on Tue Sep 25 2007 - 04:54:18 CDT