Re: Moving Oracle

From: Michael <no_at_spam.pls>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 19:10:53 GMT

On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 13:44:28 -0400, DJH wrote:

> I tarred and moved the entire u01 oracle directory to another machine.
>
> Oracle server work fine on the new server. The Enterprise Manager and
> iSqlplus doesn't seem to start.
>
> Are there files in other directories that I may need to move? I already
> covered /etc/oratab.
>
> I am using Linux and Oracle 10gR2.
>
> Thanks

Think of the following files /var/opt/oracle/orainst.loc, oraenv, coraenv, dbhome, startup/shutdown scripts/symlinks (/etc/init.d, etc/rc [0-6].d), oracle user profiles (Oracle environment variables).

Might also be wise to relink the ORACLE_HOME and rerun $ORACLE_HOME/ root.sh. The root.sh script sets permissions and ownerships correctly on some core rdbms files. (for example the SUID bit on _the_ oracle binary and othe core binaries).

Beware this method of installation is _not_ supported by oracle corporation. Received on Mon Sep 24 2007 - 14:10:53 CDT