Re: Best fs for Oracle RAC

From: <hjr.pythian_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 11:24:57 -0700

On Sep 25, 3:16 am, Steve Howard <stevedhow..._at_gmail.com> wrote:

> I agree with this. To provide an actual real-life specific example,
> we switched from IBM FAStT storage to EMC by adding the EMC disks to
> the existing diskgroup (originally with only FAStT storage). Once the
> rebalance to include the EMC disks had completed, we dropped the FAStT
> disks from the diskgroup. Clean and easy.
>
> Regards,
>
> Steve

As a fan of ASM, it's always nice to see the good stories. But what you've described is not a "migration" in my book. If I had to pick a word, it's a "transition" from one storage vendor to another. No less a powerful demonstration of ASM's capabilities for all that, of course... but not (I suspect) what the OP and Bob were originally talking about. Received on Mon Sep 24 2007 - 13:24:57 CDT