Re: SYSAUX tablespace

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_nospam.peasland.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 10:16:02 -0500

Ravip via DBMonster.com wrote:
> I checked this view and found that AWR occupies the 91%. Out of 25GB it
> occupied 91%. During the check, found that the defualt interval is 10 sec and
> thats the reason.
>
> Can I remove the old records? Obviously the retention period is set to 30
> days. Is this is recommeded ?
>
> Thank you.

IIRC, the default retention period is 7 days. This retention period can be modified to suit your needs. What is "recommended" is the period of time that you will need to go back to resolve performance issues. Baselines help in keeping an old indicator of "good" performance. How far back do you think you need to go to resolve a performance issue? Once you know that answer, you'll be able to set your retention period. For instance, in one system I work on, people monitor things every day and I would normally get notified that day if performance was not optimal. So a 7 day retention period suits me fine. In another system, I typically don't get notified until days after the problem arises. So a 30 day retention might be better for me.

HTH,
Brian

Brian Peasland
dba_at_nospam.peasland.net