Best fs for Oracle RAC

From: Andrea <pincopallo_at_no.it>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 19:26:23 +0200

Hi,
we have been to value some types of Oracle RAC solutions in according to which filesystem to use on SAN in cluster environment with HP-UX (or Linux) platform.
HP says that there are this options to choose (in order of importance):

raw device
oracle ASM
OCFS (only for linux)
NFS in high avail.

The our choice incline to ASM, because i think that this avoid problems with platform compatibility and for easier management of datafiles.

I would like to know if there are some papers that explain these solutions of filesystem, also they defects. The products that we have to install are Oracle DB 10g with RAC.

thanks.
Andrea Received on Thu Sep 20 2007 - 12:26:23 CDT