How to clear thousands of alerts in Grid Control?

From: Chuck <skilover_nospam_at_bluebottle.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 16:12:46 GMT

I have a couple of hosts in GC that have thousands of open alerts and I'd like to clear them all in bulk. Is there a way to do that? The closest thing I've found in GC is to go to the critical alerts page and click on "select all", then "clear alert". The problem is it only selects the 25 alerts on the current page. I have thousands to clear and this could be a long and tedious process. Is there a better way to clear them all in one operation?

The alerts I don't care about because the hosts in question are win2k and by default EM generates an alert every time something appears in the windows event log. I've disabled collection of the alerts, but just want to clean up all the garbage left behind now.

TIA Received on Wed Sep 19 2007 - 11:12:46 CDT