Re: SRDF and oracle

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 05:02:13 -0700

On Sep 18, 8:57 pm, DA Morgan <damor..._at_psoug.org> wrote:

snip

> A different answer from what?

Read the freaking post again. Figure it out. Look at the items cited.

> I just finished teaching a Data Guard class two hours ago.
>
> Some of the students were from a little unimportant company named
> Boeing. Also in attendance people from an unimportant little company
> named Nintendo. And still another from a little unimportant company
> named Deutche Telecom. I was aided in putting the curriculum together
> by a DBA from an unimportant company named Amazon.com. Last month saw
> implementation by one of the largest French corporations in the US.
> And in a few weeks we will be helping a publicly traded energy and
> natural resource firm in the midwest.

What does this have to do with your claim that all the oracle customers are ditching EMC as a storage vendor?

> I won't pretend to speak for either Oracle or its VP's, Townsend and
> Kyte, but I suspect their experience is no different from mine.

Well it looks like you contradicted yourself all within one sentence. Nice.

 Data
> Guard is mainstream and used by a significant percentage of Oracle's
> Enterprise customers. It works no matter the operating system or
> storage vendor.

Where did I say that Dataguard is not mainstream or doesn't work most of the time?

 And Oracle support will stand behind the implementation.