Re: Oracle 8 on Aix 5.3 - ISO ?

From: Jakub Wartak <jenny_at_pcnet.com.pl>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 09:18:03 +0200

cleveridea wrote:

> On Sep 18, 10:19 am, cleveridea <cleveridea...._at_gmail.com> wrote:

>> > Yes, but I've read somewhere that Oracle for AIX 4.x should work good
>> > on AIX 5L. I don't want any certification && support as I'm going to
>> > use it for self education...
>>
>> > Thanks for response!
>>
>> > --
>> > Jakub Wartakhttp://vnull.pcnet.com.pl
>>
>> Why would you avoid getting educated on a version that is more
>> relevant? You can get 10g or 11g running on a computer that cost less
>> than $300 (probably less if you are industrious) that is suitable for
>> educational purposes.
>
> I should further clarify, that I find 98% of what you can educate
> yourself about Oracle on one platform, transfers almost directly to
> other platforms.

I'm already learning 10g on Solaris and Linux. I've just wanted to learn in&outs of older software without automation to get more in-deep picture of Oracle. Also I want to experiment with AIX unique storage features and to practice performing bare metal recovery.

Thanks for any hints.

--
Jakub Wartak
http://vnull.pcnet.com.pl