Re: sscript to send mail when tablespace free < 15%

From: <>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 17:22:39 -0700

On Sep 18, 10:41 am, Brian Peasland <> wrote:
> > I know you can see this in OEM, but when you have well over 1000
> > tablespaces, it's not evident to check them every day.
> > Kind regards,
> > Herta
> With EM, you never have to check your 1,000 tablespaces. EM does this
> for you. And when your tablespace goes above XX% full, it will notify
> you via email or a page...whichever you prefer. So you only have to take
> action when EM lets you know there is a problem. And if you don't want
> to take action, you can even code a script which will take action for
> you. EM will then run that script when the condition occurs.
> In EM you can certainly view your database's tablespaces. And it will
> show you that pretty graphic indicating how full the tablespace is. One
> could visually check this as you suggested, but doing so can be very
> time consuming. It's a good thing that EM contains things called
> "Alerts" which are defined conditions. One of those alerts is the
> tablespace free space alert. When an alert is raised, EM can notify you
> of the alert condition. You can customize these alert conditions.
> Cheers,
> Brian
> --

With Oracle 9i, OEM does not work well with auto extensible datafiles, it does not look into maximum size of data files. Workaround is not to use autoextensible feature. I have also found intelligent agent has bugs with older versions, so make sure one has all the patches installed..If one has OEM diagnostic pack license, OEM is defintely a better choice Received on Tue Sep 18 2007 - 19:22:39 CDT

Original text of this message