Re: Oracle on Demand - Kiss your DBA jobs good-bye.

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 14:46:54 -0700

On Sep 18, 4:42 am, Noons <wizofo..._at_yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> On Sep 18, 8:54 pm, Mladen Gogala <mgog..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > Nope, the statement is completely incorrect. You can teach ethics to
> > anyone, including a school of piranhas, the problem is that they cannot
> > learn. But, provided that the pay is good, you can teach them anything.
> > For an additional pay, you can even give them passing grades and
> > certificates for being ethical piranhas. Now, this was 1-2-3 in ethics.
>
> LOL!
Funnily enough, this session my wife is teaching ethics to grad students. She has a morning class, an afternoon class, and an inbetween  class which is a lecture to a combination of the two. She says one class is lively and active, while the other is just dead (it's not an after-lunch issue, it's the people in the class). Besides that, some otherwise smart people really can't learn. Kinda late to figure out you are not cut out for a profession after getting a doctorate and putting in 3000 hours of internship, but that's life. Puts those ripoff DBA trainings into perspective.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/surfwatch/surfwatch.html