Re: sscript to send mail when tablespace free < 15%

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_nospam.peasland.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 09:41:42 -0500

> I know you can see this in OEM, but when you have well over 1000
> tablespaces, it's not evident to check them every day.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Herta

With EM, you never have to check your 1,000 tablespaces. EM does this for you. And when your tablespace goes above XX% full, it will notify you via email or a page...whichever you prefer. So you only have to take action when EM lets you know there is a problem. And if you don't want to take action, you can even code a script which will take action for you. EM will then run that script when the condition occurs.

In EM you can certainly view your database's tablespaces. And it will show you that pretty graphic indicating how full the tablespace is. One could visually check this as you suggested, but doing so can be very time consuming. It's a good thing that EM contains things called "Alerts" which are defined conditions. One of those alerts is the tablespace free space alert. When an alert is raised, EM can notify you of the alert condition. You can customize these alert conditions.

Cheers,
Brian

Brian Peasland
dba_at_nospam.peasland.net