Re: Oracle Contextual search engine

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 07:25:47 -0700

On Sep 18, 9:10 am, ly <suhailey..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i need help to get the example of contextual search engine using
> oracle as a guidance for my project. Has anyone have develop
> contextual search engine?.....please help me!!

Define "contextual search engine"

Oracle has a string search product called Oracle Text, formerly called CONTEXT, that is included in the Enterprise Edition of the database though it has to be configured to be used. The manuals for this product are available online and contain numerous examples.

Oracle 10g includes the Regular Expression funcitons regexp_like, regexp_substr, regexp_replace, and regexp_instring which provide UNIX like megacharacter pattern matching.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Tue Sep 18 2007 - 09:25:47 CDT