Re: Oracle Express

From: Martin T. <0xCDCDCDCD_at_gmx.at>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 15:28:07 +0200

Knickerless Parsons wrote:
> Morning all,
> I'm a reasonably experienced oracle developer and just starting out
> with XML. My comfort zone is really around large batch applications.
> My goal is to expose functionality of my back end database via web
> services developed in C# .Net. My current plan is to build an address
> database that can be access using web service calls from multiple
> systems.
>
> I just have a couple of quick questions to get me off on the right
> foot:
>
> Apart from the 4-5GB storage restriction, is there any reason why I
> shouldn't use oracle express as my datastore for a proof of concept
> application.
>
> I'm expecting an XML data type but trying to create a column of this
> type fails. I remember reading a manual a while back which used CLOBs,
> is this still the recommended approach or is it a limitation in my
> current database (oracle express).

http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/database/oracle10g/pdf/twp_general_10gdb_product_family.pdf

Since installing the "normal" DB Version shouldn't be much more problematic than XE I would personally install the version than would typically be used in production.

br,
Martin Received on Tue Sep 18 2007 - 08:28:07 CDT