Re: Backup & Restore

From: <vitalisman_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 04:35:34 -0700

On Sep 18, 12:35 pm, Cristian Cudizio <cristian.cudi..._at_yahoo.it> wrote:

> I'm not confortable with incremental backups, however i think you have to
> restore first your level 0 backup, then all level 1 backups and then apply
> redo logs from last backup op 16-09-2007. This is why i don't like incremental backups....

These are the steps indeed, but you don't have to perform them manually, RMAN will take care of them when you execute a single set of commands like:
restore database;
recover database;

RMAN will choose the backup pieces automatically. Incremental backup is nothing to be feared ;) (with currently supported Oracle versions at least.) Received on Tue Sep 18 2007 - 06:35:34 CDT