Re: Library Hit % in statspack

From: <vitalisman_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 09:22:43 -0700

On Sep 14, 8:17 pm, "fitzjarr..._at_cox.net" <fitzjarr..._at_cox.net> wrote: ...
> So the library hit %
> is actually referencing the percent of parsed and initialized
> statements found in the cache, which is why PINHITS was chosen over
> GETHITS.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts David. The page of the reference guide about v$librarycache is not very clear (it mentions locks then handles for GETS and GETHITS, and pins then metadata pieces for PINS and PINHITS...)

According to your explanation, how would you explain that PINS>GETS (often by several orders of magnitude) and that PINHITRATIO>GETHITRATIO, for most namespace of any instance (or rather: of any instance I have checked - please check it with your instances if you have time) ?

Jerome Received on Mon Sep 17 2007 - 11:22:43 CDT