Re: 10.2.0.4

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 19:56:03 -0700

On Sep 17, 11:55 am, DA Morgan <damor..._at_psoug.org> wrote:

> I've had no problem escalating SRs so what may be specific for you
> is not correct in general.

Funny though: it appears I'm not the only one - nor the first - mentioning lousy support response times?

> The question you might wish to ask yourself
> is why.

you mean: why are we paying Oracle for a support service that appears to be ineffective? Last time I looked it was not a free service?

> I can come up with a number of possibilities some of which
> might not be particularly flattering, given the strong negative
> opinions you see to express, so you might wish to consider whether you
> may be your own worst enemy here.

You know: I just re-read our support agreement and it all seems pretty much plain that we pay for a service therefore we are entitled to get it.

Or are plain legal agreements worth jack now unless accompanied by suitable amounts of brown-nosing?

Besides, my points against Oracle are very clearly aimed at their marketing and management. Not at their support. In fact, you will find me openly disagreeing with claims it sucks. Maybe I''ll have to review that as well... Received on Sun Sep 16 2007 - 21:56:03 CDT