Re: 10g and transportable tablespace on the same platform

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_nospam.peasland.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 21:35:26 -0500

> Method 2 (trying to import straight with the cold-copied file
> bypassing the conversion):
>

> impdp system_at_DEST_INST dumpfile=data.dmp directory=dumpdir
> transport_datafiles=c://temp/data_cold_backup.dbf
>
> Connected to: Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release
> 10.2.0.1.0 - Production
> With the Partitioning, OLAP and Data Mining options
> Master table "SYSTEM"."SYS_IMPORT_TRANSPORTABLE_01" successfully
> loaded/unloaded
> Starting "SYSTEM"."SYS_IMPORT_TRANSPORTABLE_01": system/
> ********@DEST_INST dumpfile=data.dmp directory=dumpdir
> transport_datafiles=c://temp/data_cold_backup.dbf
> Processing object type TRANSPORTABLE_EXPORT/PLUGTS_BLK
> ORA-39123: Data Pump transportable tablespace job aborted
> ORA-19721: Cannot find datafile with absolute file number 6 in
> tablespace APPDATA

As has been stated...no need to convert.

In your TRANSPORT_DATAFILES parameter the data file name is probably not the same name as specified in the metadata dump file. Use the same file name. And make sure that the Oracle database has permissions to read from this file.

HTH,
Brian

Brian Peasland
dba_at_nospam.peasland.net