Re: double-quoting table names in TOAD

From: ken quirici <ken.quirici_at_excite.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 18:11:58 -0700

On Sep 15, 3:56 pm, DA Morgan <damor..._at_psoug.org> wrote:
> ken quirici wrote:
> >> There is no such thing as read access to a schema. Object privileges
> >> are granted, one at a time, one object at a time.
> >> --
> >> Daniel A. Morgan
> >> University of Washington
> >> damor..._at_x.washington.edu (replace x with u to respond)
> >> Puget Sound Oracle Users Groupwww.psoug.org
>
> > Thank you for the correction. Any idea why I'm getting the error when
> > don't use double quotes around the table name?
>
> > Thanks.
>
> > Ken
>
> Are your names, perhaps, non-compliant meaning that they are
> mixed case or contain spaces, etc.?
> --
> Daniel A. Morgan
> University of Washington

That the names are non-compliant/nonstandard is what the documentation referred to me by the person with the clever idea suggests. I've looked
at the create statements these tables have in the Toad 'scripts' option of the
database browser at work and don't remember them having double quotes,
altho they were of the form

Part_Name

that is, with apparent case sensitivity - just no double quotes.

I'll have to investigate further Monday at work. There may be Toad issues involved. I've been doing Oracle programming for 10 years or more and would you believe I have worked on NO databases that required double quotes around tables, columns, such-like? Everything has been vanilla. Which is why the dba's putting double-quotes to fix the error baffled me.

Thanks for taking the time to help.

Ken Received on Sat Sep 15 2007 - 20:11:58 CDT