Re: 10.2.0.4

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 09:29:06 -0700

Mladen Gogala wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 15:47:49 -0700, hpuxrac wrote:
>

>> Wonder how much effort will oracle put into pushing out 11g onto other
>> plaforms that have no 11g release yet while skipping things that should
>> be fixed in supported versions on some platforms that don't yet have an
>> 11g release.

> Did you notice that there aren't any patches for 11.1.0.6? MetaLink
> knows nothing about this version, you can't open an SR for that version.
> If there is a problem, we are screwed. Given the horrors with 10.2.0.3,
> I am not at all very convinced that is very well tested. Chuck Phillips
> had a really good show, though.

Hate to disagree but I have opened a number of SRs on 11.1.0.6 and all have been dealt with quickly and efficiently.

I appreciate that the world we live in is one in which there is a need for instant gratification but why would you expect patches for 11.1.0.6 when no sane person would have already rolled it out into production? Lets get the Windows, Solaris, etc. versions out, find the quirks, and then get a patchset that fixes what many of us are looking for during this early experience period.

I am aware of two fixes that will be in that patchset already and no doubt others will be found by those taking advantage of having 11.1.0.6 in their dev/test environments.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington