Re: EXECUTE IMMEDIATE + BULK COLLECT without knowing in advance the number of columns fetched ?

From: ErikYkema <erik.ykema_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 16:26:09 -0000

On Sep 14, 9:09 am, codadilupo <codadil..._at_operamail.com> wrote:
> Mladen Gogala wrote:
> > First, capital letters in the title are considered offensive.
> > Second, have you tried both versions and benchmarked it? How do
> > you expect somebody to give you a sound advice without providing
> > any additional information? I would go with what works faster for
> > you. You can try it out, it's not illegal, unless you live in TX.
>
> Sorry for the capital letters. My problem is that I'm not able to figure
> out the syntax for using execute immediate and bulk collect with a
> variable number of columns, so I cannot benchmark the two solutions.
>
> --
> CdL

Hi Coda Di Lupo,
Both D A Morgan's sample, dbms_sql I assume and your own construction will lead to a solution.
I recommend reading a recent book by Steven Feuerstein and Tom Kyte - this will bring you up to speed and see the value of DA Morgan's sample.
Regards,
Erik Ykema
Regards,
Erik Received on Sat Sep 15 2007 - 11:26:09 CDT