Re: RAC setting for max consistency?

From: Robert Klemme <shortcutter_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 11:06:29 +0200

On 13.09.2007 22:54, sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 19:34:55 +0200, Robert Klemme
> <shortcutter_at_googlemail.com> wrote:
>

>> As far as I understand, Oracle does extra work if it detects different
>> branches of the same TX that are tightly coupled.  In those cases they
>> can see their respective chances and probably also do not lock each
>> other out of resources.  It seems loosely coupled branches just work
>> like two ordinary TX and the only difference is that you can commit them
>> via 2PC.

> You are mixing up RAC and distributed databases.
> RAC <> distributed databases.
> Max_commit_propagation_delay has nothing to do with RAC,

I know and I did not mix them up. That's why I wrote "for distributed TX..." and not "for RAC...". Thank you for pointing it out and removing this ambiguity.

I just wanted to bring another aspect related to distributing TX on several machines into this because I assumed Joe would be interested - if only for the learning experience. There are so many bits and pieces to Oracle that I'm always thankful when pointed at another aspect I did not know before and I believe Joe thinks alike.

Kind regards

        robert Received on Sat Sep 15 2007 - 04:06:29 CDT