Re: Oracle on Demand - Kiss your DBA jobs good-bye.

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 17:10:06 -0700

On Sep 14, 1:37 am, Mikail Dellovich <f..._at_foo.com> wrote:
> My opinion follows:
> In an attempt to screw anyone and now its DBA base, Oracle is doing yet
> another thing ... Oracle on Demand .. also know as the end of the
> in-house DBA:
>
> http://eyeonoracle.blogs.techtarget.com/2007/09/10/are-you-afraid-of-...

Welcome to last decade's news?

These guys are only nearly 7 years old. Oracle has been proposing this stuff since 9i came out. Apparently, it was the first release which they themselves trusted enough to do this sort of thing in...

Has it caught on? Yes, in some places.

But very few indeed. Of course, they will claim it's a resounding, overwhelming success. Kinda like the number of clients using Fusion middleware for general development.

Yeah, that's the word:
overwhelming....

Is it a threat to the "inhouse dba", whatever that means?

I'm sure the current breed of dbas which has to cope with SQL Server, db2 and Oracle mixed sites is already shaking at the foundations.... Received on Fri Sep 14 2007 - 19:10:06 CDT