ignoreSysPrereqs and Linux installs

From: <owensmith99_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 22:06:58 -0000

Oracle People,

For Oracle 10gR2 installs,
I'm trying to figure out some of the details behind the ignoreSysPrereqs
option to runInstaller.

If I run runInstaller with no options,
it will look at various attributes of my Linux OS.

Where might I find a list of the shell commands it is using to gather information about the target host?

I'm assuming they are shell commands. Perhaps they are Java calls or an execution of a compiled executable?

Next, I'm curious about what runInstaller does after it gets the information it wants from the OS.

Obviously it must try to "join" the information with a list of OS attributes which are stored on the installation cdrom.

If it gets a match, it allows the install to continue.

Where is this list of OS attributes found on the installation cdrom?

-Owen Received on Fri Sep 14 2007 - 17:06:58 CDT