Library Hit % in statspack

From: <vitalisman_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 08:43:33 -0700

While reading a 10.2.0.3 statspack report I was wondering why the authors chose to compute the "Library Hit %" from the PINHITS rather than from the GETHITS of v$librarycache. In the report I've been reading, the lack of bind variables can be guessed from the 100% Miss for the "Get Requests" of the SQL AREA namespace in the section "Library Cache Activity". Reading the "Library Hit %" at the beginning of the report, it is less obvious: 90%.

Of course ratios are never relevant without further investigation. But could anyone tell me why PINHITS was apparently deemed more important than the GETHITS by statspack authors when computing the hit ratio? Received on Fri Sep 14 2007 - 10:43:33 CDT